Mga beshies and readers of mine from VisMin, may good news ko! Cebu Pacific will now be flying DAILY from Cebu to Tokyo-Narita and back starting December 1,2018. Excited much? Yes, we are!I once asked a travel-enthusiast friend why she keeps on coming back to Tokyo. She cheerfully gave me four reasons: the beautiful season-based cityscape,the ultra-modern facilities, the Ginza shopping district and the level up food trip experience. Tokyo,Japan is definitely among the top travel destinations of Filipinos for a lot of reasons. And with the CebPac daily flight from Mactan Airport, traveling to Tokyo shall now be more practical for us living in Visayas and Mindanao. Flying time only takes 4 to 4.5 hours.
Got a long weekend coming? Tara, lets go-Tokyo!
So, excited na mulaag? Wait lang, guys. Secure your Tourist Visa first. Wag kayong ano! Check the link below for guidelines.
The Weekenders’ Itinerary:
Day Zero (Thursday): We left Cebu-Mactan Airport in the morning and arrived in Tokyo-Narita around 3:00pm. We went straight to Tokyo-Ginza shopping district because shopping is priority! Joke lang. I just window-shopped with my friends. The biggest Uniqlo Flagship Store is located in Ginza. 12 Storeys lang naman, mga bes! All seasons Uniqlo products. bakanteha na imong credit card for this.
Ginza district is lined with ultra-modern architecture and posh shop interiors to inspire every designer’s creative lobes.
Ginza district gets even more amazing with its bright lights at night.
Day One (Friday): Cultural Immersion Day. We spent the day in Tokyo’s Old District-Asakusa for a temple visit and experience traditional Japanese hobbies.
- Gold fish scooping activity at Asakusa Kingyo (Budget 1500 Yen/pax)
- Sensō-ji -Asakusa Temple Visit (Free Entrance)
- Original Daruma Painting Activity (Budget 2000 Yen/Pax)
- Reservation contact number : 08054724951
- (link: https://asakusaexperience.jimdo.com/english/)
- Traditional Candy Making at Ameshin-Asakusa (Budget 3000 Yen/Pax)
- Address: Hanakawado Studio1F Hori bldg, 2-9-1 Hanakawado, Taito-kuHours: 10:30~18:00 Closed on Thursday.
- (link: http://www.ame-shin.com/en/)
Day Two (Saturday): Modern Day Activities. Here, we got to experience the latest ultra-modern entertainment facilities of Tokyo.
- MORI Building Digital Art Museum by EPSON teamLab (Budget:3200 Yen/pax)
- Interactive Visual Art Museum for all ages.
- Location : Odaiba
- Quick Photo Op at Gundam Statue in Diver City Mall, Odaiba
- Virtual Reality Amusement Center at Sky Circus Sunshine 60 Observatory
- (Budget : 1200 Yen/Pax + add fees on specific rides)
- Business hours 10 AM to 10 PM
Sky Circus also offers one of the best overlooking views of Tokyo Metropolitan at sunset.
- Night out at Shinjuku
Day Three (Sunday): Last minute shopping. Flight home is scheduled at around 2 PM. arrive in Cebu-Mactan Airport at around 6:30 pm
Where to Stay:
Option 1: Business Hotel
- Hotel Villa Fontaine in Tamachi .
- Top rated.
- Budget : around 12,000 Yen/night.
- High end toilet fixtures. Superb amenities. Breakfast Buffet included.
- 10 mins, walking distance to Tamachi Station.
Option 2: Hostel Living-Capsule/Shared Room Type
- Ryokan and Hostel Wasabi in Nippori, Tokyo.
- Top rated.
- Budget : 4000 to 5000 Yen/night
- 2 minutes walk to Mikawashima Station (JR Jobar Line). 3 Stations away from Tokyo Station.
Rough Budgeting in Php (Sample expense breakdown using option 2, Hostel Stay)
- Regular Airfare (4 months advance) with Cebu Pacific Direct 15,000 Pesos RT
- Visa = 1,000 Pesos via travel agency
- Data Sim = 800 Pesos via TravelSim PH
- Hostel Wasabi = 2000 Pesos per Day x 3 days (Though there are cheaper options naman. google nyo nalang)
- Food Allowance = 1500 Pesos per day x 3 days (I swear, Sapat na to if di ka nmn climber)
- Transportation/Train rides = 700 per day x 3 days
- IT Entrances/Souvenirs/other expenses = 10,000 Pesos
- Total Estimated budget = 40,000 Pesos
- Uniqlo Shopping = Swipe!
- New Camera = Swipe! 12 months to pay.
- Other Climber’s expenses= Swipe! Charot.
For ticket bookings, click here.
I purposely gave a realistic costing because it is better to fly prepared than maging dukha doon sa Japan. But kayang kaya naman to lower this costing; particularly on airfare. Alam ko, abangers tayo ng sale eh. hehe.
More Blog posts on Tokyo to Follow:
- Tokyo Video-Blog
- Detailed Hostel Living in Tokyo Video-Blog
- Foodtrip Around Tokyo and Beyond
- Japanese 7-11. 1000 Yen Lunch Challenge Video-Blog
- Maximizing JR – Unlimited Bullet Train Pass . Is it worth the money?
Stay Tuned. =)